Re: Kickstart doesn't?

I'm netbooting into the Fedora (test 1.90) installer, and the installer is having a hard time aquiring a lease from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP version whatever's-current-in-redhat-9).

It definately looks like a software problem. The DHCP requests sent out by the stage-1 DHCP client have an incorrect UDP checksum. Here's the result of a packet capture (output from 'tethereal -v'):

User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: bootpc (68), Dst Port: bootps (67)
   Source port: bootpc (68)
   Destination port: bootps (67)
   Length: 308
   Checksum: 0x0145 (incorrect, should be 0xb041)

This problem *only* occurs during the stage 1 installer; both the PXE bios and the second stage installer (and the subsequent Fedora install) are able to aquire a DHCP lease without a problem.

-- Lars