hpoj difficulties in FC2-test1 (and FC1)

I've seen some posts about problems with scanning under test1, and I think I understand what's going on. In the startup scripts in /etc/rc.d, hpoj is being started after CUPS. From the hpoj documentation, it appears to me the opposite order is required. This is so the hpoj printer port is available when CUPS starts.

On my system I have simply renamed all the S55cups files to S60cups and things seem to work OK. I have also done this on my FC1 system (which is running the kernel.org 2.6.3 kernel) and printing, scanning and card readers on my PSC2210 are working fine.