zeroconf

Parrish M Myers parrishmyers at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 16:56:39 UTC 2004

Hello,

Has anyone attempted to include zeroconf modules info fedora core: either rendezvous or some open source alternative?  If not, I would like to ask for some advice...

It seems that OSI has approved the Apple open source license.  I believe that rendezvous is released under this license.  If someone were to start creating zeroconf modules that work in fedora, would it be preferable to write everything from scratch or use rendezvous?

I know there are a couple of open source implementations of these things out there like zcip and openslp... Are these good projects to start with?

I know these are nebulous questions, but I am curious to know what would be a good direction to start contributing to this technology.

Thanks

Academia is a little like child   | Parrish M. Myers
rearing, it provides a chance at  | The Wacked Jester
immortality without the stretch   | parrishmyers at yahoo.com
marks  -- (unknown source)        |