Proper steps to get to testing

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 7 21:28:48 UTC 2004

Hubbard, Russ said:
> Hello all,
>
>    What steps do I need to take to get to the current testing version of
> the
> distro. Is it as simple as installing Core 1, and doing a yum or up2date
> with the development packages? Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Please note that testing *is not* the development packages.  Since this is
the fedora-test-list:

There is entry in the default /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file for testing,
but it it commented out.  Uncomment it and you will get testing packages.

Development (aka rawhide) on the other hand I have heard has problems
trying to update using up2date.  If you feel like trying and
troubleshooting you are welcome to.  You will have to add your own sources
entry for it:
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/updates.html

--
William Hooper