evolution 1.5.1 test packages

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Thu Jan 8 15:52:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 09:03, Edward S. Marshall wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:59:15AM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 09:34 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > > Is there a way to migrate the address book manually?  Yes I did upgrade
> > > and noticed that the directories did change (~/.evo instead of ~/evo and
> > > some paths changed and such).
> >
> > This might do it..
> > cp ~/evolution/local/Contacts/addressbook* ~/.evolution/addressbook/
> > local/OnThisComputer/Personal
>
> Just an FYI for the mailing list archives, this worked perfectly for
> migrating my addressbook.

I never did get it working (well only tried once to copy, but had other
problems) and sense have downgraded back to 1.4.  I was getting too many
segfaults/crashes to use as normal everyday.  I hated that when my email
folders (inbox, newly created folders and subfolders, etc..) got merged,
that while in 1.4 they are alphabetical, they were randomly placed in
1.5 and didn't see a way to arrange them in any order (that or the way I
was trying via GUI was broke).

I think there were a few other problems but can't think of them at the
moment.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!"