evolution 1.5.1 test packages

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 17:16:24 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 10:37 -0600, Edward S. Marshall wrote:
> *nod* I'm giving it another day, but I suspect I'll be downgrading. The
> problem I'm having is that message counts aren't getting displayed on
> each folder (I have a TON of incoming email folders, ala procmail); I
> only got it to display the messages counts once, and that appears to have
> been a fluke

I see this sporadically as well... I need to actually file it since I
haven't had a chance to look at it more closely yet.

> I've also seen problems with it not exiting when the main window goes
> away on an exit; I expect a few processes to stick around (1.4 had a
> couple that always remained running), but I was finding 16-20 "evolution"
> processes still happily chugging away. (I'd REALLY love "killev" to be
> included for cases like that...;-)

Hmmm, haven't seen this one.  Note that evolution --force-shutdown does
the same thing killev used to.  If you see this, you might want to
strace/gdb one of the remaining processes and see what it's doing.

> > I hated that when my email
> > folders (inbox, newly created folders and subfolders, etc..) got merged,
> > that while in 1.4 they are alphabetical, they were randomly placed in
> > 1.5 and didn't see a way to arrange them in any order (that or the way I
> > was trying via GUI was broke).
>
> *nod* I can live with the ordering, as long as it's "stable" (ie. doesn't
> keep changing out from under me each time I hit the IMAP server), but I
> can't see any rhyme or reason to the ordering either.

The ordering is alphabetical for me but with INBOX always first.   I
wonder if it's just using the order given back by the IMAP server.  What
server are you using it against?

Cheers,

Jeremy