Fedora Core 1 for AMD64 test1 installation problem

Mario J. Borgnia mborgnia at nih.gov
Thu Jan 22 20:24:22 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am trying to install Fedora Core 1 for AMD64 test1 on a system with
the following specs:

CPU: AMD Opteron 246 (dual)
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Tyan Thunder K8W V1.01a
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro FX 500

I have tested the installation media and it passed the tests.
I boot the system with the installation CDs and it will proceed until

Install exited abnormally

And prompts for reboot

I have tried booting with acpi=off and with linux text. Same problem.

Has anyone had better luck with a similar system?

Thanks

Mario
--
| Mario J. Borgnia, Ph. D.        |