New Nvidia driver with 4k stack support is out

alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jul 1 17:43:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 10:13, Bob Chiodini wrote:

> > > Unforch, the second line above is an unlistable virtual directory no
> > > matter how I approach it with mozilla.  Can someone post the real
> > > linkage please.
> > Try:
> >
> > http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-6106/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6106-pkg1.run
> >
> > This is all one line, in case your mail reader broke it up.  You can
> > also navigate to the file thru www.nvidia.com -> drivers, etc.
> >
> > Bob...

> Alternatively, you can use:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2qm2r
>
> For those not familiar, www.tinyurl.com will take a long URL that would
> typically line-wrap and turn it into, for example, what you see above.
> There are other similar services available on the web.

There are good things about this sort of service and bad things.  It makes
things shorter, but it also hides the contents of the url.

Someone on the Applescript-users list demonstrated how the Applescript url
exploit works with the tinyurl site.

Thankfully I know of no such exploits that work under Linux (yet).