New Nvidia driver with 4k stack support is out

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jul 2 14:24:35 UTC 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 09:36, Douglas Furlong wrote:
>On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 16:18 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >Try:
>> >
>> >http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-6106/NVIDIA-Linu
>> >x-x 86-1.0-6106-pkg1.run
>> >
>> >This is all one line, in case your mail reader broke it up.  You
>> > can also navigate to the file thru www.nvidia.com -> drivers,
>> > etc.
>>
>> This last worked, but they sure had it buried, you can sure tell
>> that linux isn't even on their radar. :(
>
>Does this statement not seem a tad silly to you considering they
> have just released a new driver for linux that works with the 4k
> stack size?
>
>If Linux wasn't on the radar, we wouldn't of even been having this
>discussion, and you couldn't have made that silly comment :p

What I meant was that the download.nvidia.com is a virtual directory
that cannot be listed.  Going to www.nvidia.com, you have to do quite
a bit of "door opening" before you find anything that actually leads
to being able to get the file.   It is definitely NOT being
advertised as being available for us alternative os users, on the
front page in particular there is total silence.

So no, I do not call my comment silly when you have to be 2 levels
deep in some submenu to find a link that even hints of being able to
download anything.  I thought it was quite appropo.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.