FC3 t1 - iso #2 fails mediacheck

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 18 19:33:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, raxet wrote:

> Jeff Ratliff wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 01:21:00PM -0600, raxet wrote:
>>
>>> I heard that doing mediacheck on FC3 t1 iso #2 never completes write
>>> although the MD5SUM is right. I experimented with this and have burned
>>> three
>>> CD's
>>> for ISO #2 of FC3 T1 and I can verify that. The other iso's check out.
>>> Anyone else seen this?

>> Check the thread "RE: anyone else having mediacheck problems with FC3t1
>> images?". This is being discussed. My reply in that thread
>> was that I had a similar problem with disc 2, but I had no problem
>> installing.

> I had a similar problem with disc 2 iso only. Installed fine though.

ok, so ... what's the consensus?  i've seen various posts on this, and
different people are getting different weirdness.  personally, my
downloaded images pass md5 tests, but when i burn, CD 1 fails the
media check and, even if i ignore that and try to install, i get a
failure partway thru that CD 1.

i've burned CD 1 three times already, and every burn fails the media
test from a perfectly good image ISO.  i'm stumped.

rday