reiserfs

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Tue Jul 20 02:06:32 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 09:53, Timothy Sandel wrote:
> Is there any plans to implement the reiserfs into fc.  I just installed
> fc3-t1 and see it's still not there.  I notice on average about a 50%
> throughput increase on my linux workstations with this file system.  On
> top of that the recovery time on recovering the journal is a lot faster
> too.
>
> Timothy

As I hear it, until other filesystems add support for SELinux's EAs,
you're pretty much "stuck" with ext3. Of course you can always disable
SELinux and do your own thing with whatever fs you want.

--Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2197.nptl on P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov

To unsubscribe: