kernel 2.6.6

Law Horne zimhat at foou.net
Wed Jun 2 23:40:22 UTC 2004

> Well I tried both suggestions and they both did not work  ah well. And
> now that kernel(403) is available for update through the
> updates-released channel. Well It appears that their is another
> kernel(411)in Arjan's repo so I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

*sigh* I tried the new kernel and it still did not work. In fact when it
got to the point to do the graphical boot The screen went black and
stayed that way. I had to reboot and go back into 2.6.5 to check the
boot log to see if it failed or not.
Here is the boot log if anyone is interested:

 ifup: PING 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
 ifup:
 ifup: --- 192.168.0.1 ping statistics ---
 ifup: 3 packets transmitted, 0 received, +3 errors, 100% packet loss,
time 1999ms
 ifup: , pipe 4
 ifup:  failed.
 network: Bringing up interface eth0:  failed

Well play arounfd with it a little bit and see what I can see. If any
has any more suggestions they are always appreciated.

Thanks, Law