Can't boot any kernel >394 after fresh install of FC2T3

I have been searching the list and can not resolve the issue of not being able to boot any kernel greater than 2.6.6-1.394. The PC3 box and the Athlon box both will get to the progress bar screen and after a minute or so will go black and lockup. Today I did a fresh install of FC2T3 from cdrom, then yum updated to the latest packages including kernel-2.6.6-1.422. Same thing. I'm stumped.
--

Larry Miller