About Bootsplash

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 13:53:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:26:44 +0300, Antti Aspinen
<antti.aspinen at phnet.fi> wrote:
> Is that possible to work out?

Looking back through the mailinglist archives for rhl and fedora, you
get some perspective on this. But I'll sum up where things stand...no.
 Its a kernel patch, a kernel patch the kernel developers on this
project don't have much faith in. Work on getting bootsplash into the
mainline kernel source tree, and then maybe you have a slim chance of
seeing it being used in fedora. Slim as compared to none. Unless you
are prepared to talk knowledgably about the technical concerns
regarding how the patch works at the kernel level that kernel
developers worry about, you aren't going to get anywhere.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-beta-list/2003-July/msg00324.html
Havoc Pennington:
'Our kernel developers have an "over my dead body" attitude toward that
patch, I believe. ;-)'

-jef