Thinkpad X40 and xorg-6.7.0-3

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jun 8 15:12:48 UTC 2004

A quick update: I found that running the i586 2.6.5-1.358 kernel
(instead of the i686 one) under APM works for me to allow a proper
suspend/resume.  However, the 2.6.6-1.422 kernel seems to be less
stable running this way.  ACPI is still busted under either kernel,
with 422 being more busted.

This doesn't have any bearing on Giuseppe's problem; the screen
corruption is still there when switching to the external device and
nothing will get rid of it since switching back to a text console
turns off the external display.  I thought that perhaps xrandr might
help, but it switches off the external display as well.

 - J<