Request for testing: xterm 191

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Sun Jun 27 07:24:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Satish Balay wrote:

>Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:12:06 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Satish Balay <balay at fastmail.fm>
>To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
>    <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: Request for testing: xterm 191
>

>On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
>> If you are an xterm user using Fedora Core 1 or 2, please upgrade
>> to this xterm release and test it as much as possible.
>
>Trying it on FC1 - The first thing I noticed is - the 'blue' color
>used by 'ls --color=auto' for 'dir' listings is different (a bit
>lighter shade. Not sure if this is a bug - but don't mind this new
>color.
>
>I still have the old xterms running - so I could compare..

Yep, that's one of the changes.  Upstream xterm's colors are
slightly different from what Red Hat has shipped.  I think they
used to be very ugly or something, so we added customizations to
make it prettier, then xterm cleaned itself up over time to look
nicer, but with slightly different shade of blue.  That's not
fact, just personal hypothesis.  ;o)