Re: still scsi problems - Adaptec - scsi0: Someone reset channel A

GÃtz Reinicke writes:

Hi,

I still have big trouble with my Dell Poweredge 1650 and an Adaptec
29160 with an external Hardware 1 TB Raid-box. The linus distri is
Fedora Core R2.

If I try to copy files to or from the raid local or via smb, scp or nfs
the copyprocess stopps for some seconds with a lot of errors in the logs.

I don't remember if 29160 supports 320MB/s, but if it does, and you're trying to go at it, downshift the card to 160MB/s. I had problems in FC 1 running a 29320 @ 320MB/s, and had to downshift to 160MB/s. Otherwise @320MB/s the kernel was falling over with errors.