Pb with fedora distrib and compaq NC4000 laptop (Erich Hoover)

christophe BONNEL christophe_bonnel at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 4 20:26:17 UTC 2004

For the soundcard, the "sound card detection tool does not work, it does not detect trident modules although it is (i see the module if i use le lsmod command)

For the usb pb it is the same problem, my module.conf file contain the line "alias usb-controller uhci-hcd" but it is not enough, when i plug my usb dvd-rom it is not detected (it was working with the 2.4 kernel)

I wonder how it is possible to know with which parameters the kernel was compiled, i use the kernel delivered by a rpm from the fedora site.

Thanks in advance
3. Re: Pb with fedora distrib and compaq NC4000 laptop (Erich Hoover)
Message: 3