CD writing really doing my head in.

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 20:28:27 UTC 2004

Hi,

grub.conf says /dev/hdc=ide-cd /dev/hdd=ide-cd /dev/hdf=ide-cd

/dev/cdrom points to /dev/hdc, cdrom1 to hdd, cdrom2 to hdf
/dev/cdwriter to hdd and cdwriter1 to hdf
/dev/scd0 to hdc, scd1 to hdd and scd2 to hdf

k3b and xcdroast pick the drives up without a problem

Non will let me burn, they always give a mkisofs error (unknown error
11). hdf is a DVD burner and growisofs won't allow me to burn.

Can anyone *please* tell me where I'm going wrong? I'm using the 2.6.3-
1.118 kernel.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong with authority"
Dr Who