FC1 Test2 Internet Problem

Scott & JoEllen sdinucci at cableone.net
Sat Mar 6 02:43:20 UTC 2004

I am new to Linux and have installed FC1 Test 2 and I am having a problem.  My
computer is connected to a Netgear FR114P router through a network card.  I have
not installed the Linux firewall.  I can open Mozilla and put the IP for the
router and see it.  From the terminal window I can ping a web site like
www.yahoo.com and see that it is getting to the site and back without any
problem.  When I try to browse the site, the status line shows connecting and it
just sits there.

When I try to run up2date it also is hanging up.

Everything works fine when I run under Windows XP with the same Mozilla
configuration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott