FC1 Test2 Internet Problem

Randy Schrickel randysch at comcast.net
Sat Mar 6 03:15:21 UTC 2004

Scott & JoEllen wrote:
> I am new to Linux and have installed FC1 Test 2 and I am having a
> problem.  My computer is connected to a Netgear FR114P router through a
> network card.  I have not installed the Linux firewall.  I can open
> Mozilla and put the IP for the router and see it.  From the terminal
> window I can ping a web site like www.yahoo.com and see that it is
> getting to the site and back without any problem.  When I try to browse
> the site, the status line shows connecting and it just sits there.

Scott - there are a couple current threads here that may help. Check out
the threads named "disable IPV6?" and "Why is Web Browsers so slow at
Resolving Hosts?".

But your answer may be as simple as adding this line:

alias net-pf-10 off

to the file /etc/modprobe.conf. Add it right after the line that says
"include /etc/modprobe.conf.dist". Then you'll need to reboot and see if
that helps.

randy