XFree86 4.4.0

Mark Fonnemann markf78 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 21:30:55 UTC 2004

Hello-

    i wonder (in the future) if there will now become two separate branches to
the XFree86 code of if a replacement will be developed. i heard of a
replacement to X-windows called y-windows; it supposedly is being written as a
modern, open source (GPL'd) window architecture, which is both modular and
network transparent among other things.i wonder if something like this will be
considered. i believe a working prototype exists but is in the early stages.
just a thought.

mark.