Upgrade core 1 to core 2 test 1

Mark Fonnemann markf78 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 16:09:28 UTC 2004

Hello-

--- Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl> wrote:

> > alsamixer.c:119:21: ncurses.h: No such file or directory
> > alsamixer.c:176: error: syntax error before '*' token
> > alsamixer.c:176: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> > alsamixer.c: In function `mixer_init_draw_contexts':
> > alsamixer.c:328: error: `COLOR_WHITE' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
>
> You need ncurses-devel to build alsa-utils. If you use the SRPM you
> should get a warning about this.

   well, after installing ncurses-devel, i was able to install alsa-utils-1.0.3
from source. i then use the alsa-conf to recognize my sound card and that
worked too (awe64 ISA). i then installed the ALSA output plugin for
XMMS-1.2.10. but when trying to play an MP3 i get the following errors:

[root at markf78 root]# xmms &
[2] 21683
[root at markf78 root]#
** WARNING **: alsa_get_mixer(): Attaching to mixer hw:0 failed: No such device

** WARNING **: alsa_setup(): Failed to open pcm device (default): No such
device

forgive me if this is completely obvious but i am new to using ALSA. thanks in
advance...

mark. :-)