LVM1 problems with FC2test1/FC1

Taylor, ForrestX forrestx.taylor at intel.com
Tue Mar 9 21:29:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 13:18, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Mar  9, 2004, "Taylor, Forrest" <forrestx.taylor at intel.com> wrote:
>
> > Running vgck says that there are no volume groups.  When I boot back
> > into FC2, everything works fine.
>
> Try vgcfgbackup/vgcfgrestore.  This sometimes cleans up junk left by
> lvm2 tools.  I've run into this kind of problem after
> lvreduce/lvremove IIRC.

I just tried that.  I restored from the original conf file
(Volume00.conf.5.old).  Now LVM works in FC1, but not in FC2.  I tried
to restore from the latest (Volume00.conf), but it says that it cannot
restore part of active volume group "Volume00".  It even gives this
error if I try to use the original file again.

BTW, I just installed FC2test1 with FC1 again on another machine.  I
didn't format any LVM partitions during installation.  I can create LVM
partitions in FC2 and FC1, and they both work...  I'll try a format in
anaconda to see if that may have been the problem.

Forrest