png problems

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 20:48:31 UTC 2004

> # rpm -qa | grep gtk2
>
> I had two versions of it.  I removed both with a rpm -e --nodeps.
>
> I then installed the latest version off of rawhide and all was well in
> gnome land again.  Not sure why the upgrade of the rpm failed, though.
>
> -tduffy

Thanks for the ideas guys.. all fixed now..

I dont know *what* was wrong.. but the gtk2 thing sounds probable..

In the end I just re-rpm'd the whole 1.9GB of updates *whilst at the
console*.. in case it had problems seeing as I was *in gnome* the first
time.. don't know if that had anything to do with it but figured it was
worth a shot.. and now things seem good "in gnome land" again :)

Thanks again :)

Craig