Not sure if this is my machine or something on FC1.90

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 08:50:34 UTC 2004

Hi,

From time to time, the computer decided that the control key or shift
key should be permanently held down, so mouse clicks act as if the ctrl
key is pressed.

It's like a ctrl-lock which the shift key then cancels. Cut and paste
sometimes also autorepeats until I hit the escape key.

I don't know if this is a hardware problem or a software problem. I have
tried another keyboard on the computer and the same problem is seen.

This has only happened since I started using the Fedora 2.6x kernels -
my home rolled kernels don't seem to exhibit this problem. Using the
official X versions from Fedora or the 4.4.0 version from the xfree86
bods makes no difference.

Any suggestions on tracking what is causing this? It's damned annoying!

TTFN

Paul
--
"Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong, but with
authority" - Dr Who.