NVIDIA & Kernel 2.6.3-2.1.283

RJ hellcat at hispeed.ch
Fri Mar 12 19:12:32 UTC 2004

Pekka Pietikainen wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 01:49:49PM -0800, Andrew Farris wrote:
>
>>Are there any relevant changes to the kernel config between the version
>>that worked and any that don't?  The configs are all included in the
>>kernel-source package.
>

> CONFIG_4KSTACKS is the likely suspect, minion.de says it's not compatible
> with the driver and the latest kernels have that enabled.

Yup, it is the 4k Stacks. I rebuilt the newest kernel today with this option disabled
and the nvidia driver works without hanging on X start up.

I had some trouble with TUX(New Linux Network acceleration) had to disable this too.
Otherwise i had some unresolved symbols.

Is there any particular reason why this option was enabled in the latest kernels?

RJ