terminal in gnome

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Tue Mar 16 15:53:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 10:12, BC wrote:
> I did and it said libvst.so.4 was missing. I am doing a re-install and trying to do the update again. Thanks for the help

Hm... do you mean libvte.so.4?

$ rpm -q --whatprovides libvte.so.4
vte-0.11.10-4

...so basically all you need to do is make sure you have the right
version of vte isntalled...

$ rpm -q vte
vte-0.11.10-4

...if you don't have the package installed:

$ up2date vte

...but really, if you have gnome-terminal, you ought to have vte, since
it's a required package for installation...

$ rpm -q --requires gnome-terminal | grep vte
libvte.so.4
vte >= 0.11.10

...see what fun you can have the up2date and rpm query commands? :-)

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves