Fc2 hangs up when I try to install

john brennan-sardou johnbs at tele2.fr
Wed Mar 17 13:44:59 UTC 2004

Hello, everybody,
		I hope that you can help me. I am trying to run fedora core 2 but when
I start the installation it just hangs up. It stops dead just after
Anaconda starts with :

trying to remount root filesystem read/write ....done
mounting /tmp as ramfs..........done
Running install
running /sbin/loader.

and then no joy at all.........

  I waited over half an hour yesterday to give it all the chances it
needed but to no avail. What should I do? Does this mean that core 2
will not work on this machine? It didn't seem to have any troubles when
it came to installing core 1.
		Tnanks for any help that you can offer.
		John Brennan-Sardou
		johnbs at tele2.fr
here is what is on my box : could be the hardware!!!

I have just tried Fc2 on another box and it seems to be ok therefore
this seems to justify the idea that there is a clear hardware problem.
Any ideas?

cd rom drives         Hl-dt-stdvd-rom gdrb
                      Lite-on LTR 321235
floppydisk             3.5  1.44mb floppy drive

hard drives           wdc wd400bb-00cfc0
                      samsung sv20421 (I use this one for the
installation)

network devices       Realtek  ne2k-pci   dev/etho

pointing devices      Logitech optical wheel mouse.

Printers               hewlett-packard laserjet 5L printer

sound cards           vt8233/A/8235 AC97 audio controller

system devices        Linux 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl ehci_hcd Via
technologies, Inc Usb 2.0

usb devices           usb 2

video cards           Nv34 geforce fx 5200

processor             AMD athlon    XP 2600

Chipset Via kt400 and VT8235cd