up2date doesn't play nice with proxy servers?

Joe Cooper joe at swelltech.com
Wed Mar 17 16:42:48 UTC 2004

Timothy Ryan Bierer wrote:
> Up2date seems to be having a hard time getting through our proxy.  The
> related websites and such are not blocked by the institution, and I was
> wondering if anybody else was having that problem/how they fixed it.
> Thanks!

For what it's worth, our Squid proxy doesn't cause any problems with
up2date on our local network.  You might check the error log or access
log of the proxy to see why the proxy is blocking access--I don't think
up2date uses any odd HTTP methods, but it might.  WebDAV has a history
of slow adoption in proxies.  If there are no relevant log entries, a
tcpdump of the session and a conversation with your proxy vendor are
probably the best things you can do to resolve it.
--
Joe Cooper <joe at swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.