Firefox and Thunderbird

Sean Earp smearp at mac.com
Thu Mar 18 04:16:57 UTC 2004

Hello All-

I'm sure the question has been asked and answered, but I didn't see it
on the mailing list archives nor in Bugzilla as an RFE.

Is there any particular reason that Firefox and Thunderbird are not
included in Fedora?  Maximum PC Magazine just had a showdown between
Firebird (the old version of Firefox) and Internet Explorer, and
Firebird won  (hands down IIRC).  Thunderbird is extremely stable and
has a great interface and nice features.  Now that Fedora has spilled on
to 4 CD's, and there is some more room for packages, any reason that
Thunderbird and Firefox can't be added to the distribution?  Any info
would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks,

-Sean