Strange package dependency problem

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Fri Mar 19 12:56:19 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 07:12 -0500, Neal D. Becker wrote:

Are you updating with an explicit exclusion of the xorg packages?  They
Obselete all of XFree86 (which is no longer on the mirror at all), so
will cause major dependency problems if you don't exclude it completely;
it still might when you do.  I did see these same dependencies prior to
the xorg update.. but I excluded xorg (also kdebase, chkfontpath,
anaconda, gdm), updated, then installed xorg*.  The choice is either
update to xorg-x11 or work around these weird dependency issues for the
rest of the testing cycle.
yum --exclude=xorg*
(or) yum install xorg*

(I suppose you could install the offered 4.4 packages that have been
posted to the list)
--
"The only thing neccessary for the triumph of evil is for good men
to do nothing." (Edmond Burke)

Andrew Farris, CPE major
California Polytechnic University, SLO
fedora at andrewfarris.com