xorg-x11 --my experience

yonas abraham yonasb at netzero.com
Sat Mar 20 00:19:59 UTC 2004

I did

1) yum update

2)yum install xorg-x11*

3) /usr/X11R6/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf

4)ldconfig

5)reboot

After reboot, it try to startx and it failed. I thought, after it failed
it will give it up trying to startx and give me the command line so that
I can login and run  service xfs restart and chkconfig --add xfs. but my
computer keeps trying to startx and I waited like 2-3 mints and it never
stop trying. I had to use a rescue mode to change my /etc/inittab from 5
to 3.

after that I rebooted and login and run

1a) service xfs restart
2b)chkconfig --add xfs

and edit my /etc/inittab to its default value (5) and reboot and every
thing went smooth

now the question is where did I went wrong?

--thanks