Kernel builds from linux-2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Mar 23 03:19:39 UTC 2004

Richard Ayer III <rwa1 at cec.wustl.edu> writes:

> As it turns out, I had all of those built in and still saw the
> error. I may change my fstab entries, but I'd like to figure out what
> actually caused the problem. So I'm going to start over with the
> config file from the stock 2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1 kernel and try to slowly
> turn things off until I figure out just where it went wrong. If anyone
> else has any thoughts that might speed this process up for me, I'd be
> greatly appreciative to hear them.

I just ran a successfull build with some changes in 2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1
and didn't hit that snag. It mainly enabled smbfs and NTFS
experimental mount and read/write stuff (which I haven't yet tried).

I did exclude a number of things but don't remember what exactly now.
I'd kind of wore out on going thru .config repeatedly so it may have
been done a little quicker than I should have.

It did include ext2 ext3 jbd as `built in' not `modular' as Thomas
suggested.

Maybe it can help you get a start...

Posted here:

   www.jtan.com/~reader/exp/config.cgi