Post install problems

thorn thorn at gate.cia.edu
Thu Mar 25 15:56:09 UTC 2004

I'm running FC2 Test 1 with mixed results.  Post install resulted in
some configuration problems.

1.  Correctly sees my internal zip drive (250MB) and fstab shows the
following:
/dev/hdb4               /mnt/zip                auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

This worked under RH9 but when I try to mount unde FC2 it locks up the
system necessitating a  manual reboot.

I've tried running modprobe ppa but get an error message :
FATAL: Error inserting ppa
(/lib/modules/2.6.1-1.65/kernel/drivers/scsi/ppa.ko): No such device
Also tried substituting iim with the same result:
FATAL: Error inserting imm
(/lib/modules/2.6.1-1.65/kernel/drivers/scsi/imm.ko): No such device

Any ideas on what the problem is here?

Also sees my sound card by get no sound, system or otherwise.  I will
attempt to install ALSA to see if that works.  My primary concern is
getting the zip drive functional.

Tom