Update Question

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sun Mar 28 21:13:50 UTC 2004

Harry Putnam wrote:

>"shrek-m at gmx.de" <shrek-m at gmx.de> writes:
>
>>$ wget -cr ftp://bla.bla
>># rpm -Fvh /path/to/rpms_and_for_kernel.arch_glibc.arch
>>

>Will that catch new packages that you don't already have a version of?

$ man rpm
rpm {-F|--freshen} [install-options] PACKAGE_FILE ...

This will upgrade packages, but only if an earlier version currently
exists. The PACKAGE_FILE may be specified as an ftp or http URL, in
which case the package will be downloaded before being installed. See
FTP/HTTP OPTIONS for information on rpm’s internal ftp and http client
support.

--aid Add suggested packages to the transaction set when needed.

my experiences with --aid was not often good,
it works sometimes if you change directly into the directory

# rpm -Uvh --aid <package>.rpm

--
shrek-m