Problems with serial ata

Rio Baan riobaan at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 21:59:37 UTC 2004

I have an ASUS P4G8X-Deluxe motherboard (the Pentium model), and I have
similar Silicon Image SATA RAID problems. I think this issue is listed in
Bugzilla.
The BIOS version I have is 1006, and I think it's the latest (have to double
check that).
Once HDs get connected to the SATA RAID plugs, on first boot, the install
doesn't get past the grey Fedora PC screen... it just locks up.

Not sure if the bug has been fixed in the latest kernel versions.... but
we'll see when test2 comes out I guess.