FC2 test2 is a BAD joke

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Mar 30 15:02:31 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 09:50 am, Timothy Sandel wrote:
> Install from hard drive fails with "no driver found" when trying to
> access the hard drive.

> I have a factory original Dell Dimension XPS T450 with a Maxtor 9gb ide
> hard drive on primary controller, ide cdrom on secondary controller.

Is it the original DVD-ROM the Dimensions typically came with, or aftermarket?
IIRC, that particular board has problems with certain combinations of UDMA
drives.  I have an XPS T550 here I can play with to test.  Well, actually
have a half a dozen, but only one or two I can play with.  It currently has
SuSE 9.0 on it, but it's a snap to change out the HD.  I'll report back with
what I find.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology