FC2T2 DVD - boots, but no media check

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 04:10:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 05:43, Chris Adams wrote:
> I successfully booted both the FC2T2 DVD and CD images on my notebook
> (Fujitsu Lifebook C2010).  The CD comes up and prompts to check the
> media, but the DVD image does not.  Shouldn't it?
>
> Bugzilla #119490

That depends on how implantisomd5 was called (assuming it was caled at
all) during the mastering of the DVD iso. Boot the DVD with 'linux
mediacheck' and see if it passes. If if does, it's still a 'good' disk.
If not, then either implantisomd5 was not used when the DVD was created,
or you have a 'bad' disk. I typically rsync the files to my local
machine (minus the SRPMS to save bandwidth) then create my DVD iso
locally using my script, so I am not sure what the distribution DVD's
default behavior is. It should probably be similar to the downloadable
CD isos.

--
Chris Kloiber, RHCX
Red Hat, Inc.