upgrade from test 2 to test 3 ?

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 3 00:29:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 02:44:51PM -0400, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 09:31, Quasar Jarosz wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> >
> > > On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 08:01, David Collantes wrote:
> > > Just be sure to configure yum/up2date for your nearest mirror first.
> >
> > I'm new to yum - How do i configure it's mirror list? It's horribly slow
> > as it is.. :-/
>
> Check out http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html
>
> Edit /etc/yum.conf and change as follows:
>
> [development]

Will this do what you expect?
In the development cycle a number of packages were rolled back to a
previous version.

After the rollback to a previous version the installed version is
newer than the 'current' best on rawhide. Yum and up2date will not
track the system with the contents of rawhide.

Even an update from the distribution CD's does not sync the
system and the packages on the disks as far as I can tell.

Is there an easy way to detect these version reversals
as we close in on the final bits?

Is there a way to correctly match rawhide and a testing box?

If a package was installed --force or --oldpackage is there an rpm
command that will illuminate package dependency errors?

Perhaps a script built from: /var/spool/yum/development/header.info and
`rpm -qa`....

Thanks,
mitch

--