FC2T3 on emachines 6805 laptop

Kedar Patankar kedar at frys.com
Sun May 2 02:20:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

Just downloaded and installed FC2T3 x86_64 on my emachines 6805 laptop.
The install went through almost w/o a hitch. After the reboot, it tried
to start up the PCMCIA services and locked up. I then went into single
user mode and killed the S24pcmcia. Haven't had any time to figure out
why the PCMCIA locked up the machine.

Another problem is that it doesn't recognize the ATI mobility radeon
9600. X runs in VESA mode and can only do 1024x768. I haven't tried out
anything else yet. Any clues about how to make the X recognize radeon
9600 and atleast do 2D and 1280x800??

Regards/Kedar.