Screen saver / tuxracer crashes

Scott A Phipps saphipps at mchsi.com
Tue May 4 06:20:25 UTC 2004

I pulled the drive out of my computer and put it in another computer
with an ATI 7500 AIW, and it work fine.  I played several games of
chromium and tuxracer with no lockups.  Looking through the X logs as
generated on both boxes, I noticed that box that locks up shows errors
that do not appear when in the other machine.  Here is the relevant
section:

(II) RADEON(0): Wrote: rd=12, fd=116, pd=2
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (Unknown error 999)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (Unknown error 999)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (Unknown error 999)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (Unknown error 999)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
[drm] failed to load kernel module "agpgart"
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 8, (OK)
drmGetBusid returned ''
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] loaded kernel module for "radeon" driver