Mouse not working from installer onwards

Tomasz Jaszkin tjaszkin at orange.net
Tue May 4 18:09:15 UTC 2004

Hi

I had been running FC1 for a little while and decided to have a look at
FC2 Test 2 and now also Test 3.

In both Test 2 and 3, my mouse failed to work at all during installation
and also after installation.  I've looked at the various threads
concerning what sounds to be a similar problem and also linked with X
not starting.

I followed the tips concerning the changes to X configuration using
/dev/psaux, /dev/mouse, /dev/input/mice, etc.

But nothing worked.  In fact changing the setting, made X not start up,
so I put it back to default.

I have a PS/2 mouse, with scroll wheel (also acts as button 3).

Any idea's outwith the things I've tried so far?

Tomasz Jaszkin