fedora core 2 test 3 problem with monitor

Fred New Fred.New at microlink.ee
Thu May 6 09:29:02 UTC 2004

On May 6, 2004, at 12:07, AymanM. Galal wrote:
>  i have problem with fedora core 2 test 3 ,i just installed
> it but when i
> reboot the machine it didn't login with xwindows.
> the monitor just get balck.
>
> can any one help me on this.
>
> my monitor type is view sonic

X wouldn't start for me after I freshly installed test 3.  The virtual
consoles still worked, so I started installing the latest updates.  X
started up in the middle of the update process.  I don't know if it
means anything, but I happen to have a ViewSonic monitor, too (at home,
so I can't give the model number).

Fred