kernel 2.6.5-1.356 hangs at boot time

elitrix87 elitrix87 at comcast.net
Sun May 9 03:06:09 UTC 2004

I had a problem similar to this when i customized my 351 kernel. When I
ran xconfig, I saw firewire was disabled, so I enabled just in case I
ever had a use for my firewire port. After the kernel was compiled and
installed, I tried to reboot. It started nice until it got to checking
for new hardware (it stops at enabling swap space i think if you press
show details before it gets to that point). I was able to fix it just by
disabling firewire support altogether. I also found something about the
preemptive kernel option having problems like this btw.