reboot is shutting down hard drives

Dan ml at mutox.org
Fri May 14 05:44:24 UTC 2004

I noticed this aswell with 2.6.5-1.358.

I did a clean install from the development tree on tuesday or wednesday,
and at each reboot i noticed the sound of the hard drive powering down.
Later on during boot the bios seems to power the drive back on.

Afaik this wasnt happenning earlier in FC2T3, but i havn't tested every
kernel.

The one machine ive been testing FC2test on has a sis651 chipset. lspci
says this about my ide controller:

00:02.5 IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE]

Dan.