Working Firewire in FC2?

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sat May 15 08:14:12 UTC 2004

Hi Dave,

> One of the goals of Fedora is to stick with mainline as closely as
> possible. This means getting Firewire fixed *there* instead of carrying
> around patches in a vendor tree.

(Drifting slightly OT.)

When can we expect an updated kernel for FC2? I know this sounds a bit
premature, but for example there are issues with USB in the current
kernel that render the SpeedTouch ADSL modems useless. Duncan Sands
provided me with patches (that are already accepted for 2.6.7) that
should fix this issue, but if patching is not the approach going to be
taken I think it's pointless to post them here.

Could it be this issue is already in bugzilla? I could attach those
patches there for those who need a quick fix, while we wait for an
updated kernel. I haven't yet tested their functionality (should be ok
when they are accepted upstream) but they patch cleanly (against
2.6.5-1.351 that is).

Leonard.