Working Firewire in FC2?

Bruce P. Morin bpmorin at safepointetech.com
Sat May 15 14:58:13 UTC 2004

Listen,

I completely understand that the project is backed by RedHat and is
community driven. Debian is also community driven and they have three paths,
stable, testing and sid. With each of them, I have gotten most if not all
common hardware to work without much effort, depending on the path.

What I am saying here is that Firewire is not uncommon minority hardware,
and for a stable release of anything not to support it is poor. How long has
it been available??

As for working for 0 dollars well, I guess if you want something that works
out of the box, then Microsoft is the way to go. The old saying goes "You
get what you pay for." Hopefully Microsoft doesn't follow this list,
comments like that regarding the kernel, or better yet, "Sadly the code
isn't as great." By David Jones, is fodder for the Microsoft propaganda
machine.

Another Love it or leave it attitude:

"If Fedora doesn't fit your needs, then use another distribution"

Critical comments, product comparisons, etc, help build better software.
Unfortunately after looking at the amount of flames I received as well as
the many others who bring forth Fedora's shortcomings only to receive such
remarks really demonstrate why most users will NEVER have Linux on their
desktop.