Red Hat Introduces Desktop Linux Competitor

James W. Bennett silverhead at comcast.net
Sat May 15 23:18:05 UTC 2004

KDE was there but Redhat would not except the QT license as it stood.
Thereby got involved in the Gnome desktop because of the QT license. QT
later change to the CPL free license and and the rest is history. From
my personal point of view I think that KDE is far more configurable than
Gnome. Is far easier too download compile and install and is my choice
of desktop. But as I said is my choice, not everyones.

James W. Bennett <silverhead at comcast.net>