FC2 problems on install from CD-ROM

Ron Flory ron.flory at adtran.com
Thu May 20 16:21:42 UTC 2004

Polve wrote:

> Even if I try to make a linux mediacheck, after syslinux boots up, the
> system cannot mount the cdrom... so even the same problem... the md5sum
> of the disk 1 is correct too...

  I've also seen drives that would work only if I recorded
the CDs at a slow speed, perhaps 4X or less (depending upon the
reader).

> I've exchange two different CD-ROM reader but the problem remain the same.
> I've used TDK discs like all the other versions of fedora core I've
> downloaded and burned, but all the other versions works good...

  I had the same deal, the system i discovered the CDROM problem
on has been running RH7.2, RH7.3, RH8.0, RH9.0, FC1, but
not FC2.  This one wasn't FC2's fault in my case.

ron